Who we are
We are committed to protecting and appropriately handling private and personal information and take your privacy very seriously. We are publishing this Privacy Statement to let you know how we collect, process, use and share your personal information.
We may, from time-to-time, update this Privacy Statement, so we encourage you to review it periodically. We will notify you (by email or prominent notice on this site) about changes in the way we treat your personal information and how those changes are likely to impact you.
Our website address is: https://alikamamedia.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
AlikamaMedia may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
- We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service
- The information the User provides helps us respond to customer service requests and their support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback Users provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address a User provides voluntarily to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To send regular update emails
- We may use the email address a User provides voluntarily to send regular emails to inform the User of updates.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, updates and/or other information that may be useful to you. We ensure that all email sent by Visual Story Network provides clear unsubscribe options. We use Send in Blue as our marketing automation platform.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Log files are kept when our web sites are visited. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Who we share your data with
We do not trade or sell your information to third parties for any reason.
We do not share your information with third parties for any reason except the following:
- We use several third party tracking services such as Facebook and Google Analytics to provide a better, more customized experience for our users and identify the content that is most relevant to them. These platforms track information that allows them to associate demographics that you may have shared with them such as age, gender, occupation, location, etc. This information can be used to identify you, and we use it to share promotional messages and targeted ads with you on these platforms.
- We provide your information to partners for the purpose of sending you relevant information regarding content they create. This only happens in rare circumstances, and you must specifically opt-in to receive partner content or information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13-years old, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13-years old.
How we protect your data
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, the User signifies their acceptance of this policy. If the User does not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed as the Users acceptance of those changes.